Pendulous threads

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

SHAMBLES………….


On the bed of hope. She lay.
Twisting. Turning. Crooning.
Slow erotica.
Unabashed feelings.
Her arms beckon to me. Come.
Her scent. Amorous. Percolates the air.
Crooked smile.
Winning ways.
I fell long before.

Incarcerated here I lie. Love sick fool.
Waiting for someone to cut me loose.
Ropes penetrate my wrists.
Blood runs. Cold.
Time moves. Slow.

Mind and heart locked in discontent.
I adore her. I worship her.
I loathe her so.
All reason perfectly.
I am torn to my soul.

Looking up at the harsh light I find,
My eyes blacked out from reality.
Memories conjure.
Words find a way.
I grow a voice anew.

"Rip off the shackles", I speak.
"Slave I will be no more."
I turn to see what I leave behind.
No.
The heart will ache for it no more.

No comments: