Pendulous threads

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

BLACKENED


I dream in pitch black,
Lined by grazes of white.
Neon shines through glazed eyes tonight.
Thoughts seem to get heavy on my mind.

Obscured by darkness,
I lie on the grass.
Back aching with haggard misery,
I quieten myself somehow.
My eyes are damp with tears of hate.
I know not where they came from.
I stare unflinchingly at the darkness,
As if bracing myself for someone.

In retrospect in my dream I see,
Blurry images of days long past.
Different people. Different faces. Different souls.
Unchanged soul.
Some I know. Some I do not.
How they call me to them now.
I reach out for them.
My strength falters somehow.

The tears come again…… Hate and anguish.
I cry myself to sleep on the grass.
I will dream in pitch black again.
It gets darker every night.

No comments: