Pendulous threads

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Flutter

Open a song to settle the heart.
And the windows let the air through.
Can I ask myself another question,
While the record player loops?

A faint smell wafted from where I undid my shoe.
I tried to keep it low.
She said she didn't want to see the orange glow,
So I pretended to settle back in my seemingly juvenile groove.

Helps both ways if you can see through the nook
And crannies too.
Searching for things just out of arms' reach,
The mind conjures images it probably should not view.

Sifting through sand is no job for a cowboy.
Stacked high in shelves like paperwork in a hardware store.
I stole a quick glance while I tried to sweep the floor clean,
And the patch I missed smiled back at me, languid and slow.

1 comment:

reema said...

Really very intyeresting post.
Top 5 IAS coaching In Jaipur