Pendulous threads

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SMOKE


I see,
Through the eyes of the stranger
I call a friend.
Dragging wishfully as
Charismatic smoke fills
The enchanted room.
I crave for the amorous,
Lustfully,
Not knowing the perils
That should overcome me,
With an indomitable force.

I wallow in my
New found glory.
Not imagining the iron grip
That is embracing me
With resounding force.
I choose to ignore,
As it gathers me away
From perdition. I think.
It obsesses itself with
My lifeless entity.
As I lie unflinching,
It strengthens over.
Lost soul.

I see
Through the eyes of a stranger
I call myself.
Watching on a screen,
Wishing I could play
It in rewind.
As the credits roll by
Signifying the end.
I missed the best part.
Can I please go back?
To the Start?

I am just a man.

No comments: